Milestone Project: Progress Post 2

 


▌│█║▌║▌Plaster Mold║║▌║▌║█│▌

This was a very interesting process since I've never made a mold before.

The process of making the plaster and pouring it into the box around my model went smoothly.

But the only real issue that I ran into was that both the 1/2 and full 3D printed models broke when extracting them from the plaster mold.



Other than the broken 3D prints, the plaster mold came out pretty good, although only 2 of the keys came out good.




▌│█║▌║▌Slipcast Mold ║║▌║▌║█│▌

Pouring the slipcast into the plaster mold worked well since the slipcast didn't spill out of the sides even though only 2 of the keys were working. 


But since my mold shape has a narrow area in the middle it took longer for the mold to dry.

At this point, my slipcast mold hasn't been fired in the kiln and hasn't been glazed yet. 

Hopefully, it will be done eventually.

I do look forward to seeing how it will turn out.

I've never done mold making before so I never knew how it worked.

But I've come to appreciate mold-making more now as I've seen how much effort goes into it. 

Comments