Milestone Projects












Milestone Projects

 ▌│█║▌║▌Assignment 1 – First Definition║║▌║▌║█│▌

This is the first definition I made in Grasshopper. 

Up to this point I hadn't used Grasshopper before so for my first project I went with a simple definition of 3 cubes shrinking and growing. 

Since it was a simple creation, making this in Grasshopper was pretty straightforward. 

▌│█║▌║▌Assignment 2 – Animation║║▌║▌║█│▌



This assignment was the one where I tried to create a more complex design in Grasshopper. 

Since it was more complex I did have some issues with putting the mesh on the sphere but I figured it out with the tutor.

I really love how the mesh gets larger and smaller while sticking to the sphere.

If I were to do this again I think I would've changed the sphere to a more complex shape to make it more interesting. 


▌│█║▌║▌Milestone Project 1 – Stacked Slices Model║║▌║▌║█│▌

The model from Rhino is on the left on the finished product is on the right.

I'm majoring in Graphic Design so I thought it would be fitting to make a logo-like shape for this project. 

The way I created this project was, I 3D printed the black base plate and then I laser cut the white acrylic slices.

This turned out pretty good the only issue is that the acrylic pieces don't fit into the base plate perfectly as there is about a 1mm gap.


▌│█║▌║▌Milestone Project 2 – Replicated/Remediated║║▌║▌║█│▌


I've had no experience with making moulds with plaster or casting so I stuck with a simple model so that hopefully it would go smoothly.

I made a bunch of renders for this model and I tried to be more experimental with them the one I've shown here is the one I think came out the best.

Unfortunately, I haven't had my model cast yet so I'm just waiting to see how that will turn out.











Comments